Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Connecting with Principle--A Great Decision Making Tool

“I am for a government rigorously frugal and simple. Were we directed from Washington when to sow, when to reap, we should soon want bread.”

Thomas Jefferson



I’ve shared previously that in selecting these quotes for “An Extraordinary Minute” I’m confronted with the reality that many of them are from “dead white guys.” Perhaps you’ve noticed that I’ve worked to broaden my offering to include more diversity of gender, age, ethnicity and faith.

Here in America we have embarked on changes in economic, social and governance policy that are truly massive in scope and impact. It truly boggles the mind.
My counsel when “boggled” ... reconnect with timeless principles, pay attention to your “common sense” and observe the lessons of history.

Jefferson might be on to something here.

With love and respect,

Robert

No comments: