Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Are You a Sheep or a Lion?

“I am more afraid of an army of one hundred sheep led by a lion than of an army of one hundred lions led by a sheep.”

Charles Maurice deTalleyrand-Perigord


Do you feel the challenge inherent in these stirring words? I do!

My 90 minute, half and full day programs on leadership include the assertion that broadly based leadership is more needed today than ever before.

Waiting for someone else to lead – in your personal life, your family, your work or your community – is no longer an adequate response to the challenges and opportunities before us.

If you’d like to learn more about my work with individuals and organizations in developing current and future leaders, just e mail me at Robert@ExtraordinaryPeople.com or call me directly at (303) 993-4640 or reach me on Skype at Robert.White65.

Dialogue, as always, is welcome by commenting below.

With love and respect,

Robert

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Various turns of events have led me down a path this past year that was dark and slowly I have begun to see the light at the end of the tunnel again. When I reflect on this, I realize when you have been hurt you may choose "evil" without always knowing you did. My negative experiences caused me, at different moments of the journey to stop believing in myself, healthy or nuturing work environments and even my faith that God has a good plan for my life. I know I made the choice to choose negative ways of thining, but at the same time in those moments I didn't feel like I had a choice, it felt more like a reality than an outlook that I choose.

Robert White said...

To Anonymous: what a heartfelt and vulnerable sharing of your experience. Thank you! Your words triggered memories of many personal experiences where I pretended to not have "choice." I understand.