Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wisdom from Duane Elgin



“To live more voluntarily is to live more deliberately, intentionally and purposefully -- in short, it is to live more consciously. We cannot be deliberate when we are distracted from life. We cannot be intentional when we are not paying attention. We cannot be purposeful when we are not being present.”

Duane Elgin

I was going to write this myself but Duane Elgin beat me to it. (my attempt at some jealousy disguised as humor)

I believe this quote is from his 1981 book “Voluntary Simplicity : toward a way of life that is outwardly simple, inwardly rich” Great title, great book and great quote.

The argument here seems to support prayer and meditation as tools for creating an extraordinary experience of life. I agree. Do you? Let us know with your comments!

With love and respect,

Robert

No comments: