Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Being "Run by Approval" .... another Choice

“I should love to satisfy all, if I possibly can; but in trying to satisfy all, I may be able to satisfy none. I have, therefore, arrived at the conclusion that the best course is to satisfy one’s own conscience and leave the world to form its own judgment, favorable or otherwise.”

Mohandas K. Gandhi



Regular readers know that your faithful scribe has numerous faults. Some I’m aware of and share; some I’m aware of and keep secret; and some I’m mostly unconscious about. (those of you familiar with the Johari Window are chuckling now) My former wives, of course, are expert in my faults and would gladly educate you much more completely than I ever could.

One strength I will claim is that though I do enjoy approval from others, I’ve mostly lived my life consistent with my own conscience. Of course, this has often led to disapproval from family, friends and the greater population!

A quality I notice from some of our Extraordinary Living Seminar participants (learn more at http://www.ExtraordinarySeminar.com)

is that there is a direct correlation between those who structure their lives and especially their important decisions so as to please others......and those who are experiencing a much less than extraordinary life.

Go Gandhi ji !!!

Robert

No comments: