Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Where's the Real Leverage for Change?

“Every kind of peaceful cooperation among men is primarily based on mutual trust and only secondarily on institutions such as courts of justice and police.”

Albert Einstein


Recently I’ve been in dialogue with several friends about leadership leading to transformative change. Lots of great communication and for me, a reminder of what is becoming a core belief: only by changing hearts and minds do we progress, as individuals, groups, companies or as a society. No governmental or organizational edict has ever been as effective as a shift in our essential ground of being and resulting actions.

That might be enough to chew on for this week—or a lifetime.

Your thoughts are welcome, even encouraged by commenting below. And you’re also encouraged to share this message with your network.

With love and respect,

Robert

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't find the post for responding to your inquiry about your sign-off "With Love and Respect." I in fact, DID notice it right away the first time a good friend forwarded me one of your emails (to which I subsequently subscribed on my own.) I personally LOVE it. I was struck by it the first time I saw it (in a positive way) and found myself entertaining the idea of adopting something similar for my own "sign off." I think if we all treated each other with love and respect, one by one we would help to create making the world a more peaceful and loving place. Every time I read one of your emails and see your sign off "with love and respect" it strikes a chord in me -- I feel respected and honored and feel inclined to pass that on to someone else. Please don't change it because some "business person" thinks it's inappropriate. Hooey, I say! With love and respect to you too! Karen