Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Learning Life's Lessons

“Paradoxically, perhaps, there seems nothing enduring to be gained in terms of meaningful life change purely from leisure, from having a great time. If you or I could redesign the world we'd certainly do it very differently, so that every time we took a magic vacation at some tropical paradise we would return full of more wisdom than the World Encyclopedia of Philosophical Quotations. Until then, we are well advised to accept the reality that the great lessons in life come to us through some form of extreme hardship.”

from “Living an Extraordinary Life” by Robert White

As is my custom, I don’t comment on my own writing. Plus, this quote takes up too much of my “one minute read” commitment.

Here’s some news and an offer you might find interesting. My book’s Fourth Printing was just completed and, due to raw material (mostly paper and transportation) price inflation, the price has increased to $19.95 plus shipping and handling.

For those who order the book from our website by October 5th, you’ll receive a refund of $5.00 with every book ordered. And, of course, I’m happy to inscribe the book to you or to someone you specify—the utility for doing that is right on the book order form at:

http://www.ExtraordinaryBook.com

With love and respect,

Robert

No comments: