Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Deeper Emotional Connection to Life

“My mind has changed during the last twenty or thirty years. Now for many years I cannot endure to read a line of poetry. I have also almost lost my taste for pictures or music. My mind seems to have become a kind of machine for grinding general laws out of a large collection of facts.

If I had to live my life again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week. The loss of these tastes is a loss of happiness.”


Charles Darwin



Roger Fransecky is a friend, former employee and currently heads up a successful senior executive coaching and consulting company. His monthly newsletter often includes a favorite piece of poetry which serves as a reminder that there’s a broader, deeper world out there available to me.

(You can learn more about Roger’s work and subscribe to his free newsletter at: www.apogeeceo.com)

One of my life intentions is to become more heart-centered and clearly poetry and music contribute to moving me toward that. You might want to consider finding a favorite poet (or three), listen to more music and regularly visit art museums and shows. I predict you’ll be surprised on how good it feels.

With love and respect,

Robert

No comments: